TETA Membership Information
The Tennessee Educational Technology Association (TETA), an International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) affiliate, is a non-profit organization comprised of professionals committed to promoting the use of educational technology in the classrooms throughout the state. Our membership primarily consists of K-12 educators but we are very proud of the many corporate partners and higher education members who join us in our mission to transform the teaching and learning process in order to advance student achievement. Our purposes include: to share and exchange ideas, materials, and procedures; to promote the effective use of information, communication, and technology; to encourage the appropriate use of technology for the improvement of educational management; to promote professional standards in the field of educational technology; and to communicate current research relating to educational technology.
TETA has three Learning Networks you can join once you are a member in good standing.
- Instructional Learning Network (Previously Teacher Affiliate) – Designed for educators, supervisors, administrators, and coaches across Tennessee to increase their knowledge of technology use to impact teaching and learning. Open to K-12 and Higher Education
- Monthly Virtual Meetings
- Members-only website resources
- Tech Chats (3x per year)
- Monthly Newsletter
- Discounted PD Sessionsn
- Recognition at TETA Events (Summer Institute, ITA, ATA, TETC)
- Special TETC Activities
- Identifiers – Email Signature, Swag
- Virtual Learning Network – Designed for virtual educators, supervisors, administrators, and coaches across Tennessee to increase their knowledge of technology use to impact teaching and learning. Open to K-12 and Higher Education.
- Attend monthly virtual meetings from August to May.
- Discounts to conferences and other TETA sponsored Events.
- Member Only Portal where you can post a question and your peers can submit responses allowing you to harness the knowledge of the entire virtual learning network.
- Spring Face to Face Drive-In Conference
- Summer Virtual Symposium on June 21st
- Technical Learning Network (Original TETA Members) – This network is designed for Technology Coordinators, CTOs, Technology Supervisors, Instructional Technology Supervisors, Technicians, and all others in the district responsible for supervising and supporting technology in K-12 and Higher Education.
- Regional Monthly meeting with access to vendors
- Monthly Tech Lunch and Learn
- Communication via the TETA Tech listserv
- Summer Institute
- Conference discounts with TETA membership
- Statewide networking opportunites
- Access to TETA Cyber Summits
- Optional training activities